You need to set up a Google Analytics account before you start
1. Go to analytics.google.com and sign into your Google account, the page below will load.
2. ClickStart measuring
3. Choose Web
4. Add website Name & URL (choosing if you are http:// or https://)
5. Click Create
6. Read and then tick both info boxes
7. Click I Accept
8. Tick any communication boxes you want & save
Go to your WordPress website Dashboard
1. Go to plugins and add plugin and search for Site Kit (2 words)
2. Click Install Now next to the Google Site Kit
3. Once it has installed click Activate
1. Click Start Setup
2. Sign into your google account (that you have just set Google Analytics up on)
3. Click Allow
You will then see the Site Kit page in your WordPress Dashboard load. There won’t be any data on it yet, as it will take 24-48 hours for them to start showing.
If you want to add other Google services to your site like AdSense and Search Console you can click these at the top.
Once the data starts filling, you can go to Site Site in the left hand menu and Search Console and it will show you the latest data for your site.
You can also log into Google Analytics directly and see more data there.