Download Picasa here
I will start I would point out this is the way I use Picasa, but there are many different ways to use it!
Before I start writing up a blog I decide what photos I am going to use & copy them in a new folder (on my desktop) on my computer and give that folder a name e.g. garden blog pre edit
- Open Picasa
- On the left locate the folder you have just copied your blog posts into
- If you want to edit the images e.g. crop to a square, fiddle with the colour, add text the options will appear when you double click the first image.
- On the crop option you can choose a fixed size or manual, with either you can drag the size of it about on the image then click select. (don’t worry about the image size at the moment)
- Once you’ve finished editing the image click on export at the bottom of the screen
- A new window will come up and here you can do size and watermark
- Make sure the location is the folder we created above (so you can find the images)
- Choose your image size – this is up to you but for blog posts around the 300-400 mark sits well depending on your theme
- Watermark – you can add small text to the bottom of each photo, usual to add copyright or domain (especially useful if people pin your site) add your domain or copyright e.g. © (you get that alt+ctrl+c) geekfairy.co.uk don’t forget to tick the add watermark
- Click export
- Now if you go back to do the next photo the watermark and size settings will be the same, meaning that all your images will be the same size.
- You can also edit multiple photos at the same time if you highlight them.